A nice hot bath can be an excellent way to not only unwind, but also detoxify your body. By taking a detox bath a few times a week (or more) you can rid the body of stagant toxins that are just waiting to be realeased.
1. Add 2 cups epsom salt or magnesium bath flakes to a standard tub full of water. If your tub is bigger, add more.
2. Ideally, you want the water as hot as you can stand it. We are looking to create a nice sweat.
3. If your bath water is not filtered, add 1 cup of baking soda as this helps neutralize the chemicals, primarily chlorine, as well as increases mineral absorption.
4. Immerse yourself in the water, all the way up to your neck. You want as much of your body underwater as you can. Close your eyes, do some breathing exercises and soak for at least 20 minutes.
5. Once you are done soaking, rise out of the tub very slowly and cautiously. You may feel a little dizzy and light-headed, this will go away as you shower off quickly in cool water.
6. It is important not to use harsh soaps or shampoos as your pores are open and will just absorb the chemicals found in those products.
7. Once dry you can apply a natural moisturizer like shea butter, jojoba oil or coconut oil, but again no lotions with perfumes, dyes or chemicals.
8. Do not eat immediately before or after taking a detox bath.
9. Instead hydrate yourself with filtered water before and after.
10. Allow time after your bath to rest and rejuvenate.